Congratulations to you if you’ve had and maintained 11,285 members on your Facebook group because building a positive brand reputation takes innovation, creativity and a lot of time.
Rome wasn’t built in a day. But what if you could, without breaking your back or bank?
According to The Chartered Institute of Marketing, it costs 4 to 10 times more to acquire a customer than to retain one.
Facebook allows you to reach a broad audience, however, honing and perfecting that message takes brain power and time.
Remember, Facebook is a powerhouse with hundreds of millions of users still on it and knowing where to look is the trick so as to create an engaging Facebook group.
The secrets out! Creating a large group for your member Facebook group will not be on your Facebook profile, but on your Facebook Group.
Having a highly-engaged Facebook group is one of the best assets that you can have for your business but don’t forget that although audience size does matter, having millions of likes doesn’t guarantee success on Facebook.
Before we continue, this is a quick look at how having a Facebook group benefits your business;
- Adequate visibility on your Facebook group is important because it builds brand recognition and trust and the good thing about Facebook’s ‘addictiveness’ is that people are constantly scrolling through their feeds and if your content is interesting attention-grabbing, then you will get seen
- It is in your niche, and you will be building a community of like-minded people who appreciate your effort of making this experience possible for them. This, in turn, translates to a better reputation for your brand and potential revenue
- You are in full control over what is allowed and not allowed on the Facebook Group Page, and as the leader of the group, your positive input is recognized, and that will reflect on your brand’s growth.
- You can offer exclusive access and incentives (depending on your product) to one of your Facebook Group Pages that is only given to people who buy your particular product.
- There are more sales because people in this Facebook Group Page are paying customers and a loyal fan-base that take the Group Page seriously.
- Depending on your group interaction you can count on great leads and recommendations that are relevant to your brand as well as get an insight of common questions your members have and what they appreciate.
That said since you want your group to be as visible as possible, make it a public group in its early stage, but bear in mind that this may generate an otherwise ‘spammer’ activity that may not be relevant to your business.
You can always change to a closed group once you get your head around things. Next;
Promote your Group on Different Groups
This can be done by clicking on the “Groups” icon on your Facebook group page.
You will find 28 group categories that deal with different fields such as food, relationships, spiritual, politics, arts, fitness, sports, science, photography to name a few. Join a few groups that co-relate or somewhat similar to yours and occasionally post something useful to these other groups and link back to a post, photo or the main page from your group.
What this does is;
- Ensures that you remain visible
- It will allow like-minded people know about your group
- You will ‘stumble’ across very useful business information from what they post on your group landing page
- You can add the most relevant group to yours and build your member group. What you are doing at this point is engaging, promoting and advertising
At this point as your group member grows, you may want to consider implementing some privacy options such as;
- Making your Facebook group a closed one (recommended) where members only can see your posts and joining it requires an approval
- Having STRICT group guidelines that all members must adhere to or risk being removed from the group
Cross-promote your Group Page
Promote your on several social media handles such as Twitter, YouTube, social bookmarking, email signatures, and any other marketing materials because they are all important forms of communication platforms that will see your brand out there to different people at different times so that they are aware that they can join and follow your Facebook group.
Keep your Facebook Group Active
The most important aspect of brand marketing.“Having a loyal fan base is essential to the growth of your brand and spreading your message far and wide” even when you have reached the 11,284 mark, this is not the time to relax.
You need to keep your customers engaged in every way possible. You may be the messenger, but you will be creating other messengers will not only spread the news on your behalf, but it will also be absolutely at no cost to you!
If you have time in your hands, maintain a little bit of activity once a week or more on your group page goes a long way. This will see members contribute something too.
Keep in mind that each activity should vary from the last one and one that is of interest to your group so as to keep people interested in the group or page content. Consider the following ideas;
- Links to something helpful such as deals, competitions or giveaways
- Update with information regarding your brand
- Starting a virtual or real-life event
- Using Facebook chat to ask a question that prompts a meaningful debate
- Uploading a tag, videos or photos that interest your group
Do you have any tips on how to create a Facebook group that engages?